Shelter Information & Frequently Asked QuestionsThe first thing anyone in the market for a shelter should establish is “what type of shelter am I looking for”. We basically offer every type shelter normally produced in steel and have available by special order custom sizes with any of our standard models. If you have no real preference for a shelter type, and have a garage or carport, we will always suggest the underground garage/carport shelter. The following information will explain why the underground garage/carport models are favored by the majority today, along with benefits of the other types as well.
Underground Garage / Carport Flush Shelters
Above Ground Round Safety Sphere
- This is our only round shelter. It is 4’ in diameter and 6’ tall, and is only available as standard in that size.
- Standard with a radius bench along the interior wall.
- Constructed entirely of ¼” steel plate.
- Outswing door, 30” wrapped with ¼” steel plate.
- Three-point locking system includes operating door handle and two heavy duty slide bolt locks
- White enamel finish inside and out.
- Safe and simple two-part epoxy install method.
- Exterior vents with debris guards.
- Tested at Texas Tech University to meet or exceed FEMA 321/360 and ICC-500 criteria.
Above Ground Safe Rooms
Exterior Steel Flush Shelters
Above Ground Multi-Person Community Shelters
"Carlton and his crew went so far beyond anything I believed as a fair expectation of a quality job I now couldn't see a project that I wouldn't just wait till he could do it. We found him and his crew to be contentious. Also the unwillingness to pass over the smallest detail was simply amazing! Feel free to use us as a reference on your product."