|Type: Above Ground Safe Room
Model: The Safety Closet
Manufacturer: SteelSafe Shelters
FEMA-Compliant Safe /Panic Room
Contact for Pricing / Estimate
Shelter installation is available in certain markets.
Do you have a question about this shelter?
The Safety Closet takes the place of one of your lower level closets during construction. It is built to the size of an existing closet, from 100% steel, and is used as any typical closet. It is fireproof, fully FEMA compliant, has been tested to F-5 tornado conditions, and qualifies for all government grants and rebate programs. It withstands small arms rounds at close distance, and our concealed vents prevent any possibility of gas/poision penetration.
- 7.5' tall
- 3/16" plate steel
- Vents on top (this allows framing directly to outer perimeter of shelter)
- 36" FEMA door with 3-point locking system
- 1 row closet maid type wire shelving/rods standard
- Factory drilled hole in top for electrical entrance with light mounting box
- Installs to a minimum of 4" cured concrete
- Engineer stamped prints and FEMA compliance tested to F-5 conditions.